The boy and the dog : a novel / Seishu Hase ; translated from the Japanese by Alison Watts.
Following a devastating earthquake and tsunami, a young man in Japan finds a stray dog outside a convenience store. The dog's tag says "Tamon," a name evocative of the guardian deity of the north. The man decides to keep Tamon, becoming the first in a series of owners on the dog's five-year journey to find his beloved first owner, Hikaru, a boy who has not spoken since the tsunami. An agent of fate, Tamon is a gift to everyone who welcomes him into their life. -- from Amazon.
- ISBN: 9780593300411
- ISBN: 0593300416
- Physical Description: 308 pages : map ; 19 cm
- Edition: First English-language edition.
- Publisher: New York : Viking, 2022.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Dogs > Fiction.
Human-animal relationships > Fiction.
Young men > Fiction.
Tsunamis > Japan > Fiction.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Wornstaff Library.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.
Show Only Available Copies
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Wornstaff Library||F HAS (Text)||30011000639238||Fiction||Available||-|